Water Damage in Residential Home
During a hard freeze a customer's pipe burst in the ceiling causing the ceiling to cave into their home. SERVPRO of Ascension Parish personnel can clean up the water damage and prevent further damage to the home. Below are some tips if you experience a water damage in your home.
What To Do After A Water Damage
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.