Water Damage? Now what?
When water damage occurs, do you know what to do and what not to do?
Water damage can happen at any point for anyone, home or business, resulting in damaged property. These do's are only for clean water and do not’s pertain to sewage water. Sewage water is treated differently since it causes different damage and requires a different cleanup process. With the right tools and pieces of equipment, our professionals can safely dry out your home or business and the contents within it. Here are some things to always keep in mind.
- To minimize the damage, make sure to shut off the source of water and turn off the electricity. It is essential to remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and soaking up with towels. This is especially important for wood furniture.
- To ensure that more damage isn't sustained by the furniture make sure to try and move it, if safe to do so.
- Make sure to NOT enter a room with standing water since there could be a risk of electrical shock
- Make sure to disconnect all power first.
- It is recommended to NOT leave rugs and furniture upholstery wet against one another because the fabrics have the potential to bleed between each other.
- It is important to note that you should not be utilizing your household vacuum to try and suck up any water.
If these tips are followed, then damage can be minimized and you will be better prepared for help to arrive. Remember to stay safe and get excess water cleaned up professionally to minimize the chance of mold growth. Our Team at SERVPRO of Ascension Parish is ready to assist at a moment's notice with any of your water mitigation emergencies. Give our team a call at 225-663-8877.